Sunday, October 7, 2012

Trust Him


The Lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace. Ex 14:14

When you go through life doing what you feel God has told you to do sometimes it can feel like you’re fighting the gates of hell to move forward. You can feel very alone and isolated. No one seems to understand you and few seem to care. Know this, as a follower of Christ He has made you a promise that He is with you and will fight on your behalf.

This passage in Exodus is referring to God’s hand being at work on behalf of His children as He was bringing them out of captivity. They continued to grumble and complain because it wasn’t happening the way they expected it to. They needed to TRUST God that He was at work.

We, as His grafted in children through the sacrificial blood of Jesus, have a right to the same promise. He will and is fighting for us to accomplish what He has called us to do. What do we do, grumble and complain. Why? Because we don’t understand how He is working. We think we’re battling the situations we see before us but there very well maybe other battles that are going on that we are purposely in the dark on.

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Eh 6:12



Are you stepping out in faith and doing what you feel God has asked of you? Hold fast and let Him work it out. Let Him fight the battles.

5 Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. 6 Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Prov 3:5-6

Don’t be discourage brothers and sisters. God has a plan. He is at work in your life. Stop looking at the circumstances you’re in as your enemy and begin to Thank Him for them. He has made a promise to you. As His child He will never leave you nor forsake you. He will give you all you need, when you need it, to do what He has called you to do.

More than anyone this is a strong reminder to me. While I’m in the midst of so much activity, I must hold, treasure and guard my peace and know that I am right where He wants me to be. I need to let Him lead me and fight any battles that need to be fought. I need to stand against the lies of confusion, fear and discouragement. I need to put one foot in front of the other and know that as I press into Him He will lift me up.

Thank You Jesus for this reminder again. Thank you that I must rejoice and look forward with great expectation to the natural and the supernatural victories that are mine as I put my Trust in You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment