Friday, October 26, 2012

It doesn't go there!


Are you struggling today with what you should be doing next in your life? Maybe there is a big decision looming over your head. It’s so important to be willing to let go of all of our own preconceptions of what we think we need to do or how things should happen and trust in God’s Higher plan. 

The Spirit of God has been speaking to me over and over this year that He is in control and He has a plan. He knows the Big Picture. I believe it but do I live my life like I do?

In a recent conversation with my Prayer Partner we talked about our plans vs God’s plans. A visual was shared straight from God of our lives as a big puzzle thrown up in the air and in our quest to help Him we try to grab a piece of the puzzle and place it down where we think if should go. While God is saying, It doesn’t go there, let it go!



5 Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. 6 Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the One who will keep you on track. Prov 3:5-6 (MSG)

10 Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you. Isa 41:10 (MSG)

I have found that when I am willing to let go of my own thoughts and desires and entrust them with God, then I am able to rest in His Peace, His Timing and get better clarity of what's going on. I'm able to move forward in my day with confidence knowing that Someone Who's a great deal smarter then me is sorting out all of the details of my life and has my back.

What about you? Are you striving to make things happen in your life that maybe don't belong there? Are you stressing over what the future holds for you? I think it's time to throw the fragmented pieces of your life up in the air and let God put them where they need to be.

There's a phrase that has been used over and over again, but I think it really applies, Let go and Let God!

I encourage you to do it today and just wait and see what He will do in your life. I venture to say it will be more then you ever dreamed possible!

Lord- Please help us to trust You with every area of our lives. Forgive us for trying to cram things in where they don't belong. We choose not to panic about what we think the future holds but to rest in the knowledge that You are in control. Thank You that You know the Big Picture and have the Master Plan. We surrender to You Lord. Have Your way God in our lives today, we pray in Jesus Name, Amen!


1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog! It is always a timely word :) Even if we are not making big decisions, this is a daily issue for me.. So I wake up, pray with gratitude, Not always easy for me as that is not my nature, but I have to conscience pray and submit my plans and make sure they are His plans and desires ... otherwise it blows up :0

    He really does have all things in His control..even when it all looks a topsy turvy :O

    Hugs! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete