Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Jesus, is He the Lover of your soul? - Song of Songs 2:8-10



Today is Valentine’s day and around the world many people are giving gifts of love to each other. The gifts may be a card, chocolate, flowers or much more.


What are you giving to the Lover of your soul? To the One who really gets you. The only One that truly understands your motives and actions and loves you anyway. The One who always has your back. 


What can we give the One who has given us everything? Our love, devotion, obedience and time. Jesus longs to spend time with us. 


Have you ever been in a love relationship with someone? You think about them all of the time. You can’t wait to see them, to feel their touch. You want to know what makes them tick. You want to know what they like so you can make them happy.


I remember when I met my husband, I fell for him hard. God had given me such an unconditional love for him. In my eyes he could do no wrong. I wanted to know everything about him. We talked and talked and talked. I asked so many questions because I wanted to make sure that this man was the one I was to spend the rest of my life with. We would stay up till early in the morning just talking. When he’d go home, after just leaving me, he’d call and we'd keep talking. He'd write me letters of his undying love for me. I still have them, they are a treasure to me.


I loved to hear him say my name. Even to this day I love to hear him say my name. What is it about saying ones name that touches the core of our beings? When you are interacting with someone and you say their name you are narrowing down your focus to just that individual. You are connecting yourself with them. Then when you have the emotions of love running through you and you say their name, well it can almost bring you to tears. With just the mention of their name you are lining up all you know about that person; your memories, your hopes and your dreams.


When we whisper the name of Jesus, when we shout the name of Jesus, when we even just think His Name we are making that connection with the Lover of our soul. With the name of Jesus though we get so much more. In His name there is power. Demons have to flee at the mention of His Name. People are healed in the name of Jesus. It's not just His Name but it's the existence of His very being in connection with His Name and our belief in Who He is and what He can do, that can cause obstacles in our lives to crumble and a crooked way to be made straight.


He eagerly waits for you to seek Him out. To ask Him questions. To read His Words. To find out what makes him tick. To read His treasured Love letters to you. He has provided a way for you to find out what makes Him happy so you can give Him gifts of your love. He longs for you to sit at His feet so the two of you can exchange your deep love for one another. He wants to walk with you and help you with your work and decisions. You just need to keep that line of communication open to hear His Voice.


 8 Look! Listen! There's my lover! Do you see him coming? Vaulting the mountains, leaping the hills. 9 My lover is like a gazelle, graceful; like a young stag, virile. Look at him there, on tiptoe at the gate, all ears, all eyes - ready! 10 My lover has arrived and he's speaking to me! Get up, my dear friend, fair and beautiful lover - come to me!  Song of Songs (Solomon) 2:8-10 (MSG)

           

Is Jesus really the Lover of your soul? The greatest gift you can give Him today is your love. 


There is a great worship song that always brings a tear to my eye.


Jesus, Lover of my soul,
Jesus, I will never let you go
You’ve taken me from the miry clay
You've set my feet upon the Rock, and now i know


I love you, I need you,
Though my world may fall, I’ll never let you go
My Savior, my closest friend,
I will worship you until the very end


Love on Him today and let Him love on you. Whisper his Name and listen as He whispers yours back.







No comments:

Post a Comment