Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Living in a whirlwind


There's a side of getting older that I don't think men totally understand I'm afraid. Hot Flashes! My wonderful husband however never complains he just adds another blanket while I have two fans blowing on me and I throw covers off and on all night. I feel like I'm in the middle of a whirlwind and I find comfort. Comfort because I can get some rest while my body battles the signs of age with ways to cool off and stay warm as needed.

This nightly whilrwind makes me think of the recent events in my life. Seeing mom off to Heaven, planning and going through the Celebration of Her Life with Video. Picking up, selling our house and moving in a weekend; as a good steward of God's provision, taking care of trust tasks as the Executor with the Lawyers, Advisors etc. while still trying to work. Through this whilrwind of activity I have been able to find comfort.

Comfort through my Best Friend Jesus urging me on and providing the strength of 10 men to me when I needed it. Comfort from my husband who never stops making sure things are getting done, as we push through as a team. Comfort from my family who has stepped up and pitched in to help us reach our goals. And comfort from my friends, family and church family who have been praying and encouraging us along the way.

When it gets too hot I'm able to stop and pray and get that refreshing from the Lord and the knowledge of knowing my parents and the cloud of witness' are cheeing us on.

There are times when life is a whilrwind and times when it's a calm easy breeze. I'm thankful for both. Through the whirlwind I learn how to press in even more to Jesus and find rest as things fly by. Through the calm I'm able to rest and build up my strength for the next whirlwind of life.

In the late afternoon, the other day, I snuck out and played 9 holes of golf. I had to get away. I didn't have time to warm up and go through my routine. I just walked on and started playing. God provided a partner in an older gentleman that I had played with before. We talked about mom and the whilrwind but we also were able to just hit the ball around, root eachother on and enjoy the few hours of escape. I had some good shots and some not so good. But it didn't matter because I had a few moments of under the covers and warmth while the wind whirled around me.

Do you find yourself in a whirlwind today? Are you struggling between getting blown over and needing to hunker down and get er done. Find comfort my friends in knowing that you are not alone. We all go through stuff, it's how we handle it that can make or break a person. Learn how to take those breaks when needed. Learn how to rely on God's strength when you are at your end. Learn how to reach out to your family and friends to help you make it through. 

Life is not always a calm breeze but if you learn how to surround yourself with ways of dealing with the wind when it picks up you will make it through stronger and more confident than before it started.

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matt 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment