Monday, April 23, 2012

How much do you care?

The early days of my walk, were established on a strong moral compass that my dear friends were able to hold me accountable to- the Whole Word of God. These friends loved me enough to be willing to risk my friendship to direct me to Christ.






I was totally unaware of the Truth but once it was presented to me, in love, as much as I wanted to run away from it I couldn’t. I was a new believer, married and separated from one man while living in sin with another. I was directed to the Word of Truth. It was written there in black and while and as much as I tried to justify my actions I couldn't. The Holy Spirit hounded me until I consciously chose to do things His way! 


I had to make a stand and declare to that man that we would not be together unless it was done God's way. We moved apart, got our divorce's, went through marriage counseling at our church, submitted our desire to be married to the leadership of the church and finally got married. Our marriage lasted 18 years. He left but with God's strength I have been able to stand strong and move on. He has blessed me 100 fold! Praise God I made that choice so many years ago to live God's way.


1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (MSG)

9 I wrote you in my earlier letter that you shouldn't make yourselves at home among the sexually promiscuous. 10 I didn't mean that you should have nothing at all to do with outsiders of that sort. Or with crooks, whether blue- or white-collar. Or with spiritual phonies, for that matter. You'd have to leave the world entirely to do that! 11 But I am saying that you shouldn't act as if everything is just fine when one of your Christian companions is promiscuous or crooked, is flip with God or rude to friends, gets drunk or becomes greedy and predatory. You can't just go along with this, treating it as acceptable behavior. 12 I'm not responsible for what the outsiders do, but don't we have some responsibility for those within our community of believers? 13 God decides on the outsiders, but we need to decide when our brothers and sisters are out of line and, if necessary, clean house.


My prayer:

Thank You Lord for putting people in my path who knew Your Word and were willing to speak Your truth to me. It was hard to hear and harder still to act on but with Your help I did and I believe that that act of obedience and faith in You helped to start a lasting relationship with You  of love and trust. Forgive me Lord for those times I have spoken in anger to Your children for poor choices they have made. Help me Lord to speak Your truth in love, not out of my flesh. More of You and less of me I pray. In Jesus Name.





2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! So true! Our hearts can receive and hear the truth so much easier when spoken in love rather than condemnation ;-) you are a wise woman for sure! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love definitely helps the sometimes hard facts of truth go down. A true friend is one who will come along side us, point out our sin and love us anyway. Thanks for the encouragement my sister. You are a dear friend!

    ReplyDelete